Re: Installed netscape, but how do I start it?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Christensen" <christensen@gtcinternet.com>
To: "debian user" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2001 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: Installed netscape, but how do I start it?

> Dman wrote:
>
> -This means that when netscape was compiled it was linked
against a
> -different version of libstdc++ than the one you have right
now.  There
> -really isn't a solution since we don't have netscape's sources
> -recompile it.
>
> OK, I'll give up on trying to use Netscape.  (I don't really
care what
> browser I use.)

When I had problems with Netscape, I was told by someone that I
should just go & get 4.0...which I did and found to be really
stable (that was under RedHat 6.0 and now I'm trying to switch to
Debian which is why I am now stuck using OE in Win98, doesn't
that make a lot of sense? ;-)

I *think* that you can still do more with Netscape 4.0 than with
any other browser (Amaya doesn't do any Java, for instance) but
it has been awhile (more than six months is a *long* while in
Internet time) so perhaps someone could comment on my suggestion
of using Netscape 4.0?  Thanks..............