Re: Installed netscape, but how do I start it?

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 08:48:20PM -0400, Peter Christensen wrote:
| I finally installed Netscape successfully (I think!) and now find that I
| don't know how to start it.

dpkg -L <package name>

will list all of the files that the package installed.  Using this you
can find where netscape is.

| I changed to the directory where it is installed --
| /usr/local/netscape --

That's a weird location to install too.  How did you install it?

| and tried typing "netscape",

Maybe it isn't installed right, or you don't have it in your path.
Have you tried "./netscape"?  Normally '.' is not in the PATH.

| "run netscape", and "start netscape".

Sounds like Windows ;-).  I don't think there are usually 'run' or
'start' programs on Unix systems.

| No result.  What is the correct way to start it?

I don't know for sure, I use galeon and (rarely) mozilla.  If you
really like netscape I suggest getting mozilla instead.  The
difference is that you get a different logo and mozilla is free
(source too which allows for better package building).

-D