general ups experience

Im curious on what experience you all have with smart/dumb ups's under linux.

I know that i'd be hoping too much to hear someone say they've gotten the
usb connection to work... but atleast with the serial one it shouldn't be
too hard.

What kind of brands/models would you recommend with serial support?

Basically im looking for something thats not exactly for a production
environment (well, for my car :), so a personal ups would be nice...

thx :)

--
Adam McDaniel
Infrastructure Technology Consultant