Re: general ups experience

Adam McDaniel wrote:

> Im curious on what experience you all have with smart/dumb ups's under linux.

I've only ever used serial UPSes made by Cyberpower in dumb mode.
A few years back they made a 1500VA model that sold for about
$100.  I got two of them!  One of them keeps my [PIII + 3
internal disk + 1 external CDRW + 1 external Zip + 1 external Orb
drive] going for an hour before shutdown.  I don't plug in the
monitor by default.

I use (and am Debian maintainer for) the powstatd package.  It
works fine and has never let me down.  It's easy to setup and
should work with just about any serial dumb UPS.

Peter