Re: Galeon problem solved!

On Tue, 2001-09-11 at 14:18, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> 1) Galeon tends to be quite sensitive to your Mozilla install.  Upgrading
>    mozilla will likely break Galeon, requiring at the least a rebuild.

Correction - Galeon is extremely sensitive to Mozilla versions.  Mozilla
change the embed API frequently which breaks the source, and two C++
modules which link (galeon -> mozilla) must both be compiled wit the
same C++ compiler which complicates matters more.

> 3) Galeon versions 0.12 and (presumably) later use the gconf system to
>    manage configuration details.  Unfortunately, the documentation doesn't
>    explain how to set up the necessary config file hierarchy to allow
>    Galeon to start the first time.

Interesting.  I've found the default "make install" rules to work fine,
but then again I do have GConf in /usr.  May I suggest trying the galeon
packages from unstable?  They work very well for me.

Ross