Re: How

* rg2k1 (rg2k1@msn.com) spake thusly:
[ original text rearranged ]

...But tell me please, How in the heck do I
> download from the net?? I've gone everywhere on your site to no avail. Or is
> the
> Linux OS just beyond me, and I should stick with Microsoft.

Hmm, possibly. I mean, if you don't know how to download stuff, maybe you
aren't quite ready for linux yet.

Ok, now to the serious part:
...I go to
> download with FTP/ USA and get the Parent list. ??

If you mean http://www.debian.org - Distribution ( blue button ) - off the
net (1st paragraph) - United States (FTP), that should take you to
ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian, and you should see the welcome message.
Down below there are several README files, you should read at least
one.

And then there's Distribution - Installation Instructions in the left
sidebar menu on www.debian.org. Or does that give you the Parent list,
too (WTF is a Parent list anyway?)

> _r_g_2_k_1_@_m_s_n_._c_o_m
WTF?

Dima
--
One distinguishing characteristic of BOFHen is attention deficit disorder.
Put me in front of something boring and I can find a near-infinite number