Re: How

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 02:41:24PM -0700, rg2k1 wrote:
> Hi
>
> Have been trying my darndest to download Debian from the net. But evidently I
> don't understand how to do it. And can't find any "How to" references. I go to
> download with FTP/ USA and get the Parent list. ?? I'm a newbi to Linux, with a great interest in learning all I can. But tell me please, How in the heck do I download from the net?? I've gone everywhere on your site to no avail. Or is the
> Linux OS just beyond me, and I should stick with Microsoft.  Thanks for your help!

There are different ways of installing.  You didn't mention what method
you wish to use.  You also didn't mention what you are trying to
download a floppy image or iso image.  What I would suggest to you is
read or reread the installation instructions at -
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install

Once you have done that and understand what installation method you are
attempting, post back if you have problems.  Linux isn't beyond you.
It just takes some time, usage and reading to become comfortable with it:)
hth,
kent

--
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the
   same level of thinking we were at when we created them."