Re: multiple monitors, i810 & ???

Adam McDaniel wrote:

> My personal experience in having a dual-headed system is that you must mix
> the types. IE, One AGP and one PCI, or one PCI and one MDA, etc... When you
                                                         ^^^
What type is the MDA?

Since I don't have any agp slot, it has to be a pci card.

> mix two of the same type, like two PCI's i think the bios generally is
> confused on what exactly you want to boot off of,... Atleast that is what
> I found when trying it.
>
> If you have one AGP and one PCI, you can tell the bios specifically boot off
> of AGP or PCI... once you're booted, you can tell X where the other video
> card is located in memory, and use that as a secondary head.

What type (pci or agp) does the integrated graphic chip fits in?  Could
you tell this from "lspci" (I'm not sitting at the machine in question)?

In the extreme case, would it be possibly to use a serial console to set
everything up and get it to boot althoug it might not know what card to
use, or do you think the bios will refuse any operation at all?

// Emil