Re: enlightenment disappearing icons

* jeffconder@home.com (jeffconder@home.com) [010908 23:48]:
> I am using potato distribution with gnome desktop manager and the
> enlightenment windows manager. All has been running very well. Then I
> screwed something up, can't figure out what.
>
> When I minimize a window the icon is suppose to appear on the desktop.
> It did before, but now it doesn't. I have to go to the desktop manager
> to maximize a minimized window.
>
> I have searched through configuration screens and help files and
> haven't been successful.
>
> Anyone have a clue?

You've likely lost or closed your 'iconbox'. I've done it myself and
only figured out one way to 'fix' the problem. What I do is this:

Exit E and X
cd ~/.enlightenment
edit the file ...e_session-XXXXXX.snapshots.0
Look for something like this:

NEW: _IB_3.Enlightenment_IconBox
(I think the first part of that is somewhat random, the _IB_3 part, that
is)

Delete that line and all lines up to the next 'NEW' entry. Repeat for
anymore 'iconbox' entries you find.
Restart X and E and use E's root menus to create a new iconbox.

Hall