Re: Kernel 2.4.x woes

Ross Burton [debian-user] <06/09/01 21:45 +0100>:
> Hi,
>
> After noticing (thanks!) that kernel 2.4.x uses an initrd image I
> managed to make it boot my Sid systems.

I wonder if you can help me.

In a previous post of mine I've detailed the problems I met in compiling kernel 2.4.9 but none told me how to compile 2.4.9 and that damned initrd (I've read everything about on that initrd to no avail).

Could you please explain straightforwardly, step by step how you compiled your kernel?

Thanks
Vittorio