Re: procmail don't work

also sprach Timeboy (on Wed, 05 Sep 2001 09:18:56PM +0200):
> :0
> * ^To_ debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Debian

you are writing to a file, so use a lockfile!

:0:
* ^To_     and so on (not the second colon after the 0)

but:

> LOCKFILE=$HOME

this is your homedirectory. you can't write/lock that. just discard
the line and add the second colon, then lockfiles will be created
automatically based on the mailbox name.

> I have an idea! If lockfile in not neccessary: Maybe it will work if i
> delete this LOCKFILE=$HOME entry in .procmailrc and use the .forward
> file to run procmail.

lockfiles are necessary when writing to mailboxes. they aren't when
writing to Maildirs, piping, or forwarding with !

today's an excellent day
for putting slinkies on an escalator.