Re: procmail don't work

On 2001.09.05 18:00 Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:

> 	What might help would be knowing how you are calling procmail
> when the message is coming in (ie- does it get call'd by the MTA as the
> local deliver agent or via .forward)...

I'ts bad! But i don't know that. In a RadHat book i've read that in
most cases procmail will work automaticly with the installed MTA and
there is no neccessery thing to do. In man procmail i've read that i
need this .forward file if procmail is not installed as default MDA.

I don't use the .forward file. And i don't know how to set procmail
as dafault MDA. Is that so automaticly if i only have procmail
installed as MDA?

I only installed procmail and wrote this .procmailrc:

MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/inbox
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail

:0
* ^To_ debian-user@lists.debian.org
Debian

Nothing happens. Then i changed .procmailrc to this:

MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/inbox
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail
LOCKFILE=$HOME

:0
* ^To_ debian-user@lists.debian.org
Debian

And i get the shown error in procmails log file. This Lock failure matches
all incoming mails from user-lists@debian.org:

> > procmail: Lock failure on "/home/timeboy"
> > From bounce-debian-user=timohart=gmx.at@lists.debian.org Wed Sep 05 15:09:45 2001
> >  Subject: From potato to woody (or sid?)
> >   Folder: /home/timeboy/mail/inbox					   3107

I have an idea! If lockfile in not neccessary: Maybe it will work if i
delete this LOCKFILE=$HOME entry in .procmailrc and use the .forward
file to run procmail.

If you have a better idea, please let me know!

Timo