Re: enlightenment and update-menus

Hi

this wasn't the problem, the problem was that update-menu didn't generate personalized menu (in '$HOME/.enlightenment/...'). thanks anyway.

if anyone's interested here's how I've solved it:

1. copied /etc/menu-methods/enlightenment to ~/.menu-methods/
2. commented out 'onlyrunasroot=true;'
3. deleted the '$HOME' from userprefix (after uncommenting it). very strange but it works so...
4. deleted any spaces in the "section" entry in my $HOME/.menu/* files

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 08:30:06PM -0700, Junaedi Kartawijaya wrote:

> --- Haim Ashkenazi <haim@consonet.com> wrote:
>
> > I was trying enlightenment this morning and I had
> > some problems with the system menus. it would only
> > give the system menus not my personal menus
> > (include $HOME/.menu/ directory).
> > I played a little with
> > '/etc/menu-methods/enlightenment': commented out
> > the 'onlyrunasroot' setting (what is it anyway, it
> > doesn't appear in any of the other files in this
> > directory), and uncommented
> > 'userprefix="$HOME/.enlightenment/menus_debian/";'.
>
> I don't particularly like messing around with system
> menu. What I usually do is go to
>
>   /usr/share/enlightenment/config (if it's correct)

btw, you can copy it to your $HOME/.enlightenment directory and that's how you'll change only your settings.

> There's a menu configuration there.
>
> As in E, your mouse buttons can produce different
> menus (one is E preferences), so make changes to one
> of the menu that produced by one of the mouse buttons
> when pushed. (hope not confuse you).
>
> For example, button 1 produces menu that contain
> system menu.
>
> Button 2 similar but different. So maybe you want to
> change this one.
>
> You can change what mouse button produce what menu
> also. Happy configuring ;P
>

> Junaedi

that's it.

Bye