enlightenment and update-menus

Hi

I was trying enlightenment this morning and I had some problems with the
system menus. it would only give the system menus not my personal menus
(include $HOME/.menu/ directory).
I played a little with '/etc/menu-methods/enlightenment': commented out
the 'onlyrunasroot' setting (what is it anyway, it doesn't appear in any
of the other files in this directory), and uncommented
'userprefix="$HOME/.enlightenment/menus_debian/";'. when trying to run
update-menu as a user now, I got this error:
cat: /home/haim//.enlightenment/menus_debian/debian_menu_sh: No such
file or directory. (which is true but there's no debian_menu_sh file
anywhere and still it updates the system menus...).

any suggestions?
(forgot to mention: I'm running potato)

Bye
--