Re: exim: multiple mailboxes

Thus spake Timeboy:

> Dear Debian Users!
>
> After configuring exim, to send mails to my gmx account timohart@gmx.at,
> i have to do the next step: Cause i have some more mailboxes for my
> commercial and private mail, i need to include them into my exim
> configuration. An example: My prvate mailbox is *******@gmx.de. In this
> case, what i have to do with this?
>
>   login:
>     driver = plaintext
>     public_name = LOGIN
>     client_send = ": timohart@gmx.at : ****** "
>
> Can i change the last line to:
>
>     client_send = ": timohart@gmx.at : ****** : ********@gmx.de : ******"
>
> or do i have to write a second (login:) authentication?
>
> And which parts of #info exim and #vi /usr/share/doc/exim/spec.txt i
> should read to get success?
>
> Timo

The login section is for authentication with your ISP only - you just
need the one login : password combination.  What you're talking about
is rewriting your email address for various boxes depending on where
the mail originates, it seems.  I don't have any great solutions for
that, although /etc/email-addresses takes care of rewriting your From:
line for you.  Lines of the form:
Timo: timohart@gmx.at
Timobusiness: Timobusiness@gmx.de
etc.

Should do that if you want to set up different user accounts for
yourself.  You can also set up your MUA's (mutt, balsa, etc.) to
rewrite the From: line, and have exim ignore it.  That way you
could have one account with multiple MTA's depending on which
account you want to appear to be sending from.  I'm sure there's
a better way, but I don't know it.
Good luck,
Steve