Re: xterm -display 0:0 _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111

* Robert L. Harris (Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net) [010831 13:30]:

> X11-4 box?  vi /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc, make sure the 2
> words "-nolisten tcp" aren't there on the box you are trying
> to display to.

Better yet, use

ssh -X remotehost -f xterm

if you're not using ssh, you should be. If you are using ssh, either
check that the "ForwardX11" directive is set to something useful in
/etc/ssh/ssh_config or ~/.ssh/config, or use the -X command-line
argument whenever you want to enable x forwarding.

I suspect if you aren't using X (and I still haven't yet convinced you
to) you'll be posting tomorrow asking how to make xauth let you connect.
The short answer is "Use ssh; it sets it all up for you automatically,
and as an added bonus, makes it all more secure". The long answer is
rtfm xauth.

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.