My superblock has been destroyed - please help!

Hello!

Hmm, the subject says almost everything... my almost new (!) IBM hard disk suddenly had some bad sectors and one was the superblock of my linux partition. So, I cannot boot into linux any more, and if I try to e2fsck the partition, e2fsck doesn't find the superblock. Also, if I try with -b 8193 or -b 16385, e2fsck says that these blocks contain a "bad magic number". Hmm, I've read that these blocks should actually be superblock backups but I think since my fs was made with the new default "sparse_superblocks" option, the backups are perhaps somewhere else. Can anyone please help me with this issue? I just desperately want to rescue my data before I send the drive back to IBM or so because they will probably send me a new HDD but not my old data, and of course I have not made backups, stupid me. The partition is /dev/hda2 and about 7.7 GB. I also have a possibility to temporarely store up to 12 GB of data on hda1, a fat32 partition which scandisk could obviously "stabilize" more or less after a bad block marking. At the moment, I'm trying to dd /dev/hda2 into a file on /dev/hda1 but there seems to be a problem with the maximal file size on fat partitions (does anyone know about that?).

Regards and thanks in advance,

Stephan