From: kmself@ix.netcom.com [mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 12:51
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Installation: tasksel

on Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 12:25:03PM -0600, John Purser (jmpurser2@home.com)
wrote:
> I just re-installed Debian Woody for the umpteenth time and this time I
> chose yes to tasksel and no to deselect.  I got nothing installed and no
> chance to choose a task.  Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong?

Skip both, or rather, just install a minimal system.

Once you've got the system installed, use apt-get and/or dselect and/or
aptitude, to install packages you need and/or want.  You'll end up
knowing what you've got, and lacking a lot of cruft on your system,
better off for it.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
http://kmself.home.netcom.com/