From: Joey Hess [mailto:joey@silk.kitenet.net]On Behalf Of Joey Hess
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 15:05
To: John Purser
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Installation: tasksel

John Purser wrote:
> I just re-installed Debian Woody for the umpteenth time and this time I
> chose yes to tasksel and no to deselect.  I got nothing installed and no
> chance to choose a task.  Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong?

Are you sure you said yes to tasksel?

If you say no to tasksel and no to dselect, you'll get nothing installed
and that's by design.

If you really said yes to tasksel though, all I can think is that
tasksel might have crashed or something like that.

We can probably find out how you answered if you show me the output of
this command:

debconf-show base-config | egrep tasksel\|dselect

--
see shy jo