Re: devfsd + xconsole

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 03:24:34AM +0200, Eamon Roque wrote:

| And you're right, dman, syslog gives a lot more than /dev/xconsole.
| :)

I found out the difference this morning -- /dev/xconsole is a
duplicate of /var/log/messages.  Some messages may only occur in
either syslog or messages.  I noticed this when I didn't get any chat
or pppd messages, because I was looking at syslog.  Switching to
/dev/xconsole gave me the info which was identical to
/var/log/messages.

HTH,
-D