3com NIC card configuration

Hi, i'm a newbie at Debian and i'm trying to install it now on a dell computer but i'm running into the following problem:

i'm in the process of installing debian linux 2.2.12 through the cd installation which came with the "Learning Debian GNU/Linux" book published by O'Reilly. Once i get to the part of the installations where i'm installing the NIC card for the computer, i'm not sure what to do. the computer has a 3com 3c920 Fast Ehternet Controller (3c905c-TX compatible) card. I did a search on the web and alli could find was a page saying that 3c905c-TX should use the 3c59x module. It is not clear to me how to get my ethernet connection working. Can anybody tell me how i can go about in installing the module so i can connect to the internet. The book say i should choose the 'dummy' module form the 'net' category, but i did not find this module in the ns category, but i did find

the 3c59x module but i'm not able to go through with the installation. Any ideas? Thanks, carlos