Re: package in a bad way - what to do

> dpkg -r someprogram
>
> and let us know your results.

Here's what came back:

dpkg: error processing aime (--remove):
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
 reinstall it before attempting a removal.
 aime

... essentially the same thing. :(

> maybe i used dselect? I don't remember. Try everything.

I tried dselect as well. Nada.

I keep thinking, hey, this is a MUD server thang, it can't have fingers in
too many of the system pies (can it?), isn't there a way just to rip it
out piece by piece, by hand? But I recall being here before.

... it's making me feel stupid. I hate that.

http://www.burningclown.com
"Everyone's Portal to Nothing At All"