Re: Problem with the installaion of debian locking up

Blank
Karsten M. Self wrote (I just noticed this):

>The book and CD are very poor.  They can be used for
installation,
>however many people report serious problems.

Hmm...Question #1: What would be the recommended way of
installing Debian?  I have cable Internet access, and I have the
"Potato" version of Debian on seven CD's (don't really know
what's on all the extra ones, hoped to find out soon!)

There is a page for a package release (I was checking on the SuSE
site to see how they got the ATI Rage 128 card to work) and it is
based on the XFREE86 release 3.3.6.

The Debian package release is for a non-free X server:

http://packages.debian.org/stable/x11/xserver-rage128.html

Question #2: Since you CAN download this package set from this
page; what makes it "non-free"?  Simply that it is not
"open-source"?

Thanks in advance,

--mVIIs