Re: Problem with the installaion of debian locking up

Hi,
	It depends on which distro you want. You probably want potato if you're
going to make a production server. If it's just for personal use, you want
either testing (woody) or unstable (sid). Your choice. Testing  has less
bugs, but you have to wait a little while to get your software. Unstable is
bleeding edge, you get your stuff right there, bugs and all. Both are very
usable, you get to make the choice.
	That said, if you're going to be using testing or unstable, you should get
XFree 4.x, which will have the Rage 128 support built in (I'm using it now).
You can get testing or unstable by changing the sources for download during
installation. Simply change "stable" to either "testing" or "unstable"
(depending on which distro you want) and get the later packages. If you're
going to stick with potato, you can get the Rage working, but it's more of a
pain.
	As for free vs. non-free, check out www.gnu.org/philosophy for tons of
explanation.

- David Nusinow