Re: Progeny Debian

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 02:29:04PM -0400, DanSV@aol.com (DanSV@aol.com) scribbled

> Alright.  Now I am down to thinking progeny would be the best to nab.  But
> here is what I don't know yet...
>
> Are the downloads upgrades free from their servers?
> Does anyone have any experience upgrading from progeny to woody/sid?

Yes the dl's are free, just like debian you can apt-get from their
servers

I've been using Progeny a few months and like it alot. In that time
I've loaded several packages from potato/woody/sid and a few from
some "unofficial" sites. As well as making my own debs from dl'd
source tarballs.

I've never had any trouble using a .deb from debian.org.
Never had any trouble from creating my own .debs
and only once did I run to a problem with an unofficial deb package.
It broke Mozilla 9.0 I think....a week later I used apt-get
to install Mozilla 9.1 from Progeny and all was fixed and running
smoothly.

I'd recommend giving Progeny a look. I think it's great.