Re: Problem installing sis900.o on Potato

#include <hallo.h>
Chan Siu On wrote on Tue Aug 28, 2001 um 02:19:42PM:

> After I typed "modconf", selected "net" and "sis900", modconf asked me to
> enter any command line arguments for sis900 module. It also said that most
> devices can be autoprobed.

Exactly. Load without parameters.

>  Bus  0, device   3, function  0:
>    Ethernet controller: Silicon Integrated Systems Unknown device (rev
> 144).
>      Vendor id=1039. Device id=900.

Looks okay. Please to boot with this image, dumped on a floppy disk. If
this kernel does not recognice your card, something is broken.

http://people.debian.org/~blade/bf-ext3/udma100-3.0.13cvs/resc1440udma100-ext3.bin

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Die 3 goldenen R's bei Microsoft Systemen:
Retry, Reboot, Reinstall .....