Re: Yet another apt/deselect question

David Roundy muttered:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 08:54:24AM +0300, Martin Fluch wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Paul Mackinney wrote:
> >
> > > My questions are:
> > > 1. Why do the unresolved dependancies prevent apt from
> > > updating other packages that have nothing to do with these?
> >
> > apt-get will tell you why, if you force it to install it with
> >
> >     apt-get install ....
>
> Also, you could find out which packages were not upgraded if you had used
> apt-get -u upgrade.
Thanks, I _will_ learn to use these diagnostics reflexively!

dog:/home/paul# apt-get install smbfs
<SNIP>
  smbfs: Depends: samba-common (= 2.0.7-3) but 2.0.7-3.4 is to be
  installed
  E: Sorry, broken packages

So I will
a) read the docs (again... and again...)
b) force-install smbfs
c) check to see if the bug has been logged

Paul
--
Paul Mackinney
paul@mackinney.net <- Please note new email address