Copying audio CDs on Debian

Greetings!!

I tried to copy an audio CD to put in the car using xcdroast. I burnt it, without checking .cdr files but it did not produce desirable results (unless you are an alien...). My understanding of the matters is (from what I read on CD-Writing HOWTO) that tracks are ripped first, then put into .cdr or .wav format and then burt onto a CD... Obviously .cdr files were not well encoded in the first place...

My question is: what is the easiest way to copy an audio CD on Debian? I know of cdrdao and am going to try it tonight after I get back from work (and I should remember to use that --simulate option :-)

What experiences have other people had? I am not going to use windows to do this!!! I am sure I can do it under Debian (with a bit of research and of course fun)...

Take care,

Eagerly awaiting your replies,

Your brother-in-arms,

Davor