Re: Copying audio CDs on Debian

At 06:57 AM 8/27/01 +1000, dbalder@ozemail.com.au wrote:
>Greetings!!
>
>I tried to copy an audio CD to put in the car using xcdroast. I burnt it, without checking .cdr files but it did not produce desirable results (unless you are an alien...). My understanding of the matters is (from what I read on CD-Writing HOWTO) that tracks are ripped first, then put into .cdr or .wav format and then burt onto a CD... Obviously .cdr files were not well encoded in the first place...
>
>My question is: what is the easiest way to copy an audio CD on Debian? I know of cdrdao and am going to try it tonight after I get back from work (and I should remember to use that --simulate option :-)
>
>What experiences have other people had? I am not going to use windows to do this!!! I am sure I can do it under Debian (with a bit of research and of course fun)...

Pretty easy,
#apt-get get install cdrecord cdparanoia

unless u already have them

#cdparanoia -s -B

that'll rip your wav's off the cd into wherever you are.

#cdrecord dev=0,0,0 speed=12 -v -dao -eject defpregap=1 -audio *.wav

and that will write them cdrecord scanbus will tell you the address of your burner if it isn't 0,0,0 and speed is between you, your burner and your blanks.

but that works for me. Make sure youn aren't burning to CD-RW if you want a home player to work.