Re: mod-ssl vs apache-ssl

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 01:18:03PM -0700, Bill Wohler wrote:
>   A little while ago, Hans (obviously from Northern Germany--moin
>   moin!) asked whether it was "better" to use mod-ssl or apache-ssl.
>   That question wasn't really answered.
>
>   Are there any advantages of apache-ssl over apache + mod-ssl?

In terms of performance/stability I can't really answer because I haven't used apache-ssl extensively.  I prefer mod-ssl becuase it gives me an apache with one configuration file.  Also, When I configure other mods (mod_php, mod_gzip) I only have to add them to apache and not to another daemon as well.

my $0.02