Re: Some CD burning questions

> 2. In GnomeToaster there is a method to write a
> CD: fixate. For what is this needet and what will
> happen if i use this method?

That's called 'closing' the CD by other cd-burning software
programs. You *must* do it if you want to be able to use the
disc on a home cd-player, for example.

> And: I use a Sony CRX120E for burning. Are they
> some reccomends which medium i should use to
> get best results?

My HP 9150i is, I believe, actually a rebranded Sony CRX140.
They're probably quite similar... I've only had problems with
Fuji(film) brand blanks. One thing you'll discover is that
very, very few companies make blank CDs. When you buy a set of
Maxell, a set of TDK, and a set of Imations, they may in fact
be the same blanks or at least made my the same manufacturer
and be of similar 'design'. Hint: Use cdrecord's 'atip info'
flag to get info about the blank disc.

> My Diskman (also a Sony) have very much problems
> to read any burned CD. Spacial the first thre till fife
> tracks are mostly unredable with this player. Why?

Back to your question above, did you 'fixate' the discs ?? You
can still do it after the fact. Try it and see if it works
then. Also, some cd-players simply cannot read CD-R and/or
CD-RW discs. My brother-in-laws home DVD/CD player, made by
Sony, won't play CD-Rs.

Hall