Re: Choosing a Debian Variant

thomas saw fit to inform me that:
>> Red hat guys seem to be coming up with their next release with ext3 file
>> system support. Still the ext3 patch is not put in the standard kernels.
>> Patch has to be separatly applied. I think shortly it will make its way in
>> the standard kernel as well.
>
>it is in the standard kernels.

I am not talking about debian kernels. What I do is just apply the recent
patches from kernel.org to my kernel tree on local hard disk and recompile
with make-kpkg. I am now on 2.4.9 and I still can not see any ext3 support
in file system option. I have to apply the ext3 patch separatly :-)

Warm Regards

Rajesh Fowkar                       hsejar@gmx.co.uk
Kurtarkar Nagari,Bldg-C,T4,         http://www.hserus.net/rajesh/
Santacruz,Ponda-Goa-403401-INDIA    Powered By : Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 R-3
				    Kernel 2.4.9(ext3), Mutt 1.3.20i, IceWM
"Silence is the true friend that never betrays." - Confucious