Re: Stable and XFree86 4.x

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 10:16:33AM -0400, David Z Maze wrote:
:When I did this, I went to ftp.xfree86.org and found a tarball
:containing just the server binary and things you absolutely needed to
:run the X server, and installed this under /usr/local.  Worked like a
:charm.  (Though at this point, the machine is sitting headless as a
:server box.  *nostalgic sigh* Five years ago, 100 MHz Pentia were

My fall back plan is to get the deb source files and roll my own .deb,
as this is going to be a more and more frequent requirement round
here, and I do have a locally aptable NFS repository.

Good to know the sources build OK.

-Jon