RE: How to get a list of minimal Potato packages

Greetings,
	There is a file called basecont.txt that is in the
\debian\dists\potato\main\disks-i386\2.2.23-2001-04-15 directory of any
debian mirror that has a list of the base contents.  I may be wrong, but it
seems to me that this is not, however, what you have described as the
minimal install.  I think that once you go in and out of dselect, it will
add additional packages.  The only way to  know for sure it to try.  I may
do just that later on today (time permitting).  I'll copy the file at the
end.

HTH,

Brooks

uppercase=bad)
+++-==============-==============-==========================================
==
ii  adduser        3.11.1         Add users and groups to the system.
ii  ae             962-26         Anthony's Editor -- a tiny full-screen
edito
ii  apt            0.3.19         Advanced front-end for dpkg
ii  base-config    0.33.2         Debian base configuration package
ii  base-files     2.2.0          Debian base system miscellaneous files
ii  base-passwd    3.1.10         Debian Base System Password/Group Files
ii  bash           2.03-6         The GNU Bourne Again SHell
ii  bsdutils       2.10f-5.1      Basic utilities from 4.4BSD-Lite.
ii  console-data   1999.08.29-11. Keymaps, fonts, charset maps, fallback
table
ii  console-tools  0.2.3-10.3     Linux console and font utilities.
ii  console-tools- 0.2.3-10.3     Shared libraries for Linux console and
font
ii  debconf-tiny   0.2.80.17      Tiny subset of debconf for the base system
ii  debianutils    1.13.3         Miscellaneous utilities specific to
Debian.
ii  diff           2.7-21         File comparison utilities
ii  dpkg           1.6.15         Package maintenance system for Debian
ii  e2fsprogs      1.18-3.0potato The EXT2 file system utilities and
libraries
ii  elvis-tiny     1.4-11         Tiny vi compatible editor for the base
syste
ii  fbset          2.1-6          Framebuffer device maintenance program.
ii  fdflush        1.0.1-5        A disk-flushing program.
ii  fdutils        5.3-3          Linux floppy utilities
ii  fileutils      4.0l-8         GNU file management utilities.
ii  findutils      4.1-40         utilities for finding files--find, xargs,
an
ii  ftp            0.10-3.1       The FTP client.
ii  gettext-base   0.10.35-13     GNU Internationalization utilities for the
ii  grep           2.4.2-1        GNU grep, egrep and fgrep.
ii  gzip           1.2.4-33       The GNU compression utility.
ii  hostname       2.07           A utility to set/show the host name or
domai
ii  isapnptools    1.21-2         ISA Plug-And-Play configuration utilities.
ii  ldso           1.9.11-9       The Linux dynamic linker, library and
utilit
ii  libc6          2.1.3-18       GNU C Library: Shared libraries and
Timezone
ii  libdb2         2.4.14-2.7.7.1 The Berkeley database routines (run-time
fil
ii  libgdbmg1      1.7.3-26.2     GNU dbm database routines (runtime
version).
ii  libncurses5    5.0-6.0potato1 Shared libraries for terminal handling
ii  libnewt0       0.50-7         Not Erik's Windowing Toolkit - text mode
win
ii  libpam-modules 0.72-9         Pluggable Authentication Modules for PAM
ii  libpam-runtime 0.72-9         Runtime support for the PAM library
ii  libpam0g       0.72-9         Pluggable Authentication Modules library
ii  libpopt0       1.4-1.1        lib for parsing cmdline parameters
ii  libreadline4   4.1-1          GNU readline and history libraries,
run-time
ii  libstdc++2.10  2.95.2-13      The GNU stdc++ library
ii  libwrap0       7.6-4          Wietse Venema's TCP wrappers library
ii  lilo           21.4.3-2       LInux LOader - The Classic OS loader can
loa
ii  locales        2.1.3-18       GNU C Library: National Language (locale)
da
ii  login          19990827-20    System login tools
ii  makedev        2.3.1-46.2     Creates special device files in /dev.
ii  mawk           1.3.3-5        a pattern scanning and text processing
langu
ii  mbr            1.1.2-1        Master Boot Record for IBM-PC compatible
com
ii  modconf        0.2.26.14      Device Driver Configuration
ii  modutils       2.3.11-13.1    Linux module utilities.
ii  mount          2.10f-5.1      Tools for mounting and manipulating
filesyst
ii  ncurses-base   5.0-6.0potato1 Descriptions of common terminal types
ii  ncurses-bin    5.0-6.0potato1 Terminal-related programs and man pages
ii  netbase        3.18-4         Basic TCP/IP networking binaries
ii  passwd         19990827-20    Change and administer password and group
dat
ii  pciutils       2.1.2-2        Linux PCI Utilities (for 2.[123].x
kernels)
ii  pcmcia-cs      3.1.22-0.2pota PCMCIA Card Services for Linux.
ii  perl-5.005-bas 5.005.03-7.1   The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister
ii  perl-base      5.004.05-1.1   Fake package assuring that one of
the -base
ii  ppp            2.3.11-1.4     Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) daemon.
ii  pppconfig      2.0.5          A text menu based utility for configuring
pp
ii  procps         2.0.6-5        The /proc file system utilities.
ii  psmisc         19-2           Utilities that use the proc filesystem
ii  pump           0.7.3-2        Simple DHCP/BOOTP client for 2.2.x kernels
ii  sed            3.02-5         The GNU sed stream editor.
ii  setserial      2.17-16        Controls configuration of serial ports.
ii  shellutils     2.0-7          The GNU shell programming utilities.
ii  slang1         1.3.9-1        The S-Lang programming library - runtime
ver
ii  sysklogd       1.3-33.1       Kernel and system logging daemons
ii  syslinux       1.48-2         Bootloader for Linux/i386 using MS-DOS
flopp
ii  sysvinit       2.78-4         System-V like init.
ii  tar            1.13.17-2      GNU tar
ii  tasksel        1.0-10         New task packages selector
ii  tcpd           7.6-4          Wietse Venema's TCP wrapper utilities
ii  telnet         0.16-4potato.1 The telnet client.
ii  textutils      2.0-2          The GNU text file processing utilities.
ii  update         2.11-1         daemon to periodically flush filesystem
buff
ii  util-linux     2.10f-5.1      Miscellaneous system utilities.
ii  whiptail       0.50-7         Displays user-friendly dialog boxes from
she
ii  xviddetect     0.3-2.1        XFree86 installation helper