Re: XF86Setup in Woody?

so then i guess those guys keyboards don't have a shift key, huh? : ) (forget
who kept making the keyboard : program analogies)

anyway, good! i'm getting somewhere, however i'm getting kind  of tired of
the debian dpkg approach. however, i'm going to make one more attempt to get
a configuration program running.
here's what's going on:
the X server is installed (e.g. '# X'  gets me into the screen) but i'm
having problems with both xf86cfg and XFree86 -configure (according to the
website you only use one '-' although i've tried 2 as well).  xf86cfg reports
that the XFree86 binary doesn't exist, and XFree86 -configure does nothing.
As a highly skilled master of the obvious, i've deduced that I need to
install XFree86 w/ the -configure option (or perhaps just symlink to the
binary's actual location).  But (although i'm just considering installing X
using the methods on the XFree86 project's homepage) what debian package
contains xf86cfg\XFree86\files the previously mentioned are dependent upon?
thanks