Re: XF86Setup in Woody?

Thus spake R1nso13@aol.com:
> so then i guess those guys keyboards don't have a shift key, huh? : ) (forget
> who kept making the keyboard : program analogies)
>
> anyway, good! i'm getting somewhere, however i'm getting kind  of tired of
> the debian dpkg approach. however, i'm going to make one more attempt to get
> a configuration program running.
> here's what's going on:
> the X server is installed (e.g. '# X'  gets me into the screen) but i'm
> having problems with both xf86cfg and XFree86 -configure (according to the
> website you only use one '-' although i've tried 2 as well).  xf86cfg reports
> that the XFree86 binary doesn't exist, and XFree86 -configure does nothing.
> As a highly skilled master of the obvious, i've deduced that I need to
> install XFree86 w/ the -configure option (or perhaps just symlink to the
> binary's actual location).  But (although i'm just considering installing X
> using the methods on the XFree86 project's homepage) what debian package
> contains xf86cfg\XFree86\files the previously mentioned are dependent upon?
> thanks
>

> --

xserver-xfree86 4.0.3-4 - from woody - contains XFree86
xbase-clients 4.0.3-4 - also from woody - contains xf86cfg
install both, but I prefer XFree86 -configure - it's easier to get everything
working.  If you can't find a command or file try searching
http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages - the second search set will list what
packages they come from.
Good luck,
Steve