Re: Firewall program for Debian?

* Sam Varghese (sam@gnubies.com) wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 03:58:57PM -0400, Han Yoo wrote:
> >
> > Basically, I have the 2.2.19 kernel.
> > Is any of the programs that you mentined easy enough to be utilized by a Debian
> > novice without going into the heavy-duty configuration?
> >

> there is something called pmfirewall.
> http://www.pointman.org/PMFirewall/
>
> sam
> --
> (Sam Varghese)
> http://www.gnubies.com

  Also there is rcf firewall based on ipchains. Config file could not be
simplier and it is virtually bug-free. I've used it for over a year now
and have no complaints at all. I think the website is
http://rcf.mvlan.net:8080/
I think they have a Debian package, but I always use their install
script. It's all well done.

  Alex.