Re: Ethernet Card Setup

Hi,

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Nathan Goss wrote:

> I currently have a 3Com  3C905-TX   PCI  10/100 network card.
>
> It is apparently supported in the kernel distributed with the current Potato
> release. I have read that it should be auto-detected.
>
> It doesn?t seem to be detected and set up in the Debian Install.

I just had the same problem with an Intel Etherexpress Pro 100 card which
I know is supported and autodetected because I've done the same
installation on other machines a number of times.

My problem was caused by the card not seating properly in its slot.  I
tried it in two different slots so I thought that couldn't be the problem.

Never rule out really silly causes of problems...

George Karaolides       8, Costakis Pantelides St.,
tel:   +35 79 68 08 86                   Strovolos,
email: george@karaolides.com       Nicosia CY 2057,
web:   www.karaolides.com      Republic  of Cyprus