ssh with putty.exe problems, is this normal?

Hi all,

I have read all over the web that most telnet and ssh connections
that are slow, are due to DNS problems. (I don't imagine this the case for me,
but you never know)

Well, I sorta have that problem but not really.
Here it is,
When I reboot my windoze box and I receive an IP from my Linux box,
which is acting as a firewall box to my cable modem, and then
I try to ssh into the linux box, there is NO slowness.

My windoze box:   10.0.0.80

Debian:           eth0= 24.69.69.x
                  eth1= 10.0.0.1

But when I leave my win box on over night, wake up and right away
try to ssh or telnet into the linux box, the connection is slow.
 (I'm only refering to login slowness) once I'm logged in, its normal
Sometimes, I can refresh my IP with "winipcfg" and then the ssh connection
becomes fast again.
Is this normal, since no activity is happening over night and something
needs to kick start it?
Bad nics?
Everytime I reboot my windoze, everything is normal and fast again.

Any help or ideas would be Great!!
thanks
Mike