Re: forgot root password on head- and keyboardless machine *blush*

Heh... got screwed by the AT/PS2 keyboard problem huh? Happens here at
work all the time. Got a few trusty old AT-style machines and a few
newer ATX cases with PS2 keyboards and mice.

I'd either bite the bullet and buy a keyboard (they're not that
expensive...and yours is probably looking kinda beat up now isn't it?)
or I'd buy an adaptor for the AT to PS2 style. You should be able to
find an adaptor at Radio Shack, Circuit City, etc. Or, raid a PC
boneyard at a computer store or large business around you. They should
be overflowing with junky keyboards. You probably won't care if the
spacebar needs to be hit a few times, just as long as it's somewhat
functional.

--Rich

Stig Brautaset wrote:

> * dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> spake thus:
> > On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 06:02:07PM +0100, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> > | I have a head- and keyboardless machine running debian potato that I
> > | used to log into with ssh. Now I have forgotten the password. *blush*
> >
> > The easiest way is to borrow a head and keyboard from somewhere and
> > boot into "single" user mode.  Hmm, now if you had a way to reboot ...
>
> I know that this is a solution but I don't have a keyboard. I have a
> screen I could use, but I really don't want to buy a new keyboard just
> to do this... (my friends all have ps/2 keyboards, whilst my machine
> uses the old din-style).
>
> Regards, Stig
> --
> www.brautaset.org