Re: dhcp with network restart problem

> > all syslog says during a restart is "PUMP: sending discover" (twice) and
> > never hears anything back from a dhcp server. could it have anything to
> do with
> You could be having a problem with your nic at 100baseTX when your
> isp is at 10BaseT, but it sounds like your kernel sets that up right
> initially, but it would be worth looking into if the module gets
> unloaded and reloaded wrong.

yeah, i'm almost positive this must be the case now. it's definately not the
firewall since i reset it with
        iptables -F INPUT
        iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT

and all that appears in syslog is
Aug 18 19:28:41 nooworld pumpd[272]: PUMP: sending discover
Aug 18 19:29:11 nooworld pumpd[272]: PUMP: sending discover

i've found some kernel parameters to force the card out of auto-negotiation
so i'll have to play with those :) i don't suppose i can use the "media
types" available in ifconfig and stick them somewhere in my
/etc/networking/interfaces can i?

thanks again!