Re: CD device file problem and kernel questions

Nathan E Norman <nnorman@micromuse.com> writes:

> Did you include SCSI CD support in the kernel?

Ah-HA!!  Now that I have this in there, it works just fine!  Thank you!
*konking myself in the head*  sheesh...  I'll learn one of these days.  I
look back on it, and it make so much sense.  =0)

> I use devfs (it sounds like you don't), but I believe the cd device will be /dev/sr0
> rather than /dev/scd0.  If you're not running devfs, the existence of
> a device file doesn't mean anything ... it's just a pointer to kernel
> routines that may or may not exist.  devfs creates the relevant device
> files when the kernel routines initialise (and thus you don't have a
> bunch of files in /dev for crap you don't have).

Do you like devfs?  Is it painful to set up?  From what I've heard it sounds
pretty interesting and useful, but I haven't set out to try it yet.

Now if I could just figure out my Radeon problem...

Thanks again!

Jeremy