Re: Sound problems

Sure wish I knew that up front!  My expectations would have been
different and so would have been my preparations prior to install!

Anyhow ... now trying to run the ALSA update gauntlet ...

Downloaded and unzipped as follows ...

bunzip2 -x alsa-driver-0.5.11.tar.bz2
bunzip2 -x alsa-lib-0.5.10b.tar.bz2
bunzip2 -x alsa-utils-0.5.10.tar.bz2

No idea what it did with the output!  :-)

./configure wants a location and file name ... where & what do I use,
please?

Thanks!  Doc