Re: OT -- Microsoft's Smart Tags

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 11:33:45PM -0500, will trillich wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 09:22:55AM +0300, P Kirk wrote:
> > Smart Tags is here.  Anytime Microsoft or anyone else wants to turn it on,
> > they just need to fire up a VB script.
>
> great. i knew it --
>
> listening to a microsoft marketing wonk make promises has
> absolutely NO RELATION to what the engineers are up to
> in the back room, and we should all know that by now.

Not entirely true...  I don't recall ever hearing MS say they would
remove the misfeature, only that it would be disabled by default.  Of
course, with most of their users, it's pretty close to the same
thing...

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox