RE: OT -- Microsoft's Smart Tags

> Subject: RE: OT -- Microsoft's Smart Tags
> Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:07:59 +0100 (BST)
> From: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>
>
> Suppose you create a web page, and you make a word or phrase
> highlighted because it's a tag for one of your own URLs (i.e.
> _you_ want the reader to be able to follow a link at that point).
>
> And suppose the word or phrase is one of the things that MS Smart
> Tags wants to hijack.
>
> The question is: Who trumps whom?

As I understand it, if a "Smart Tag" and a link overlap a menu would
come up to ask the user which one to take.  Better than hijacking the
link completely, but not by much.  I hope that "Smart Tags" stay on a
permanent hold.

--
Marc Shapiro			     "If you drink melomel every day,
m_shapiro@bigfoot.com		     you will live to be 150 years old,