Re: xfree 4.1.0 problems on two different machines

* Bostjan Muller (neonatus@neonatus.net) wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After the upgrade to xfree 4.1.0 on Debian sid I have run into some quite
> serious problems.
> 1. On my laptop (toshiba satellite 100cs) the xfree just segfaults and does not
>    start at all (graphic card is chips and technologies and uses chips driver).
>    I don't know where to send the bug report, since I don't know which part
>    exactly is failing (sig11 when doing startx).
>
> 2. On my desktop system where I use latin2 (iso8859-2) fonts xfonts-biznet-*
>    after the recent upgrade the latin2 fonts don't work anymore and even if I
>    downgrade the package (to potato version, which still works) the
>    -misc-fixed-*-iso8859-2 font still does not work (allthough
>    -misc-fixed-*-iso8859-1 works just fine).
>
> Could someone please help me with this, since both problems are making my work
> allmost imposible.
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Bostjan
> --

   Bostjan,

 I've had the same problem and after searching Debian bugtracking
database it seems that there is a bug in 4.1.0 they forwarded upstream.
What I did was to downgrade xfree86-common and xserver-xfree86 to 4.0.3
leaving all the rest of xfree stuff at 4.1.0. I put those two packages
on hold and so far everything runs smoothly. I think this is the fastest
fix until they fix the 4.1.0 chips module.

  Alex.