Re: vim and Tera Term

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 07:45:17PM -0400, Todd Combs wrote:
| This doesn't totaly apply to Debian, but I figure maybe some nice person
| here can help....  :-)

:-).

|      I SSH into my Debian box from windows, and I use Tera Term.   My
| problem is I want to use vim, but it doesn't work quite like it does when I
| am "local".  Specificly, the up, down, left, and right arrows do funny
| things in vim via tera term.  I figure I need to change the key mappings in
| tera term, and I know how to do that, but they seem to be mapped ok
| already...  help?

What are the current mappings and what do they do?  What does Tera
Term set $TERM to?  What key codes are sent when using gnome-terminal
(or whatever you use locally)?  I use PuTTY as my windows ssh client
and it works very well.  PuTTY actually emulates an xterm, but I have
it set $TERM to "PuTTY" so that my login script (at school) can exec
bash instead of csh.

-D