vim and Tera Term

This doesn't totaly apply to Debian, but I figure maybe some nice person
here can help....  :-)

     I SSH into my Debian box from windows, and I use Tera Term.   My
problem is I want to use vim, but it doesn't work quite like it does when I
am "local".  Specificly, the up, down, left, and right arrows do funny
things in vim via tera term.  I figure I need to change the key mappings in
tera term, and I know how to do that, but they seem to be mapped ok
already...  help?