Re: jdk 1.3

Paul Mackinney wrote:

> Question: dselect wants to install something to give me Java VM to go
> with jikes (e.g., kaffe, jdk1.1). Should I just override this and
> install jikes by itself? Is there a graceful way to tell dselect that
> Java VM is already installed?

You can try forcing your selections with the X key, but I find this
often doesn't work. dselect is an annoying program. I only use it
because I dislike the available alternatives even more (deity, aptitude,
etc.).

Alternatively, if you ditch the Sun jdk non-package and install the
Blackdown j2sdk .deb, then dselect will know that you have a jvm.

Craig