Re: jdk 1.3

Pascal THIVENT muttered:
> Hi,
>
> the blackdown JDK is available as debian package on
> http://www.blackdown.org.
> Just choose download and select your ftp mirror...
>
> You could choose to install the IBM developer kit for Java on
> http://www6.software.ibm.com/dl/dklx130/dklx130-p.
> You just have to create an account (it's free).
> The IBM JDK IS available in tarball format
>
> HTH
I've heard that the Sun and Blackdown are identical for jdk1.3, I've
installed both and on the surface they appeared identical. By inspecting
one of the Blackdown mirror sites, I was able to successfully configure
my sources.list file and persuade apt to work.

I use 'javac' to compile .java to .class, 'java' to run .class files.
I've heard that gcj is only 1.0 compatible. Any know of a jdk1.3
compatible compiler to create binaries?

TIA, Paul

--
Paul Mackinney